1. I recently transitioned to an iPhone after having a Blackberry for 7 years and I think I’m already developing arthritis from using this damn phone. When will the pain in my finger and wrist end? I prefer the Blackberry for texting and email but one is never bored with the iPhone.
2. I always look forward to the fashions of the Met Ball but man wtf with the theme ‘Punk: Chaos to Couture’, not many people pulled it off very well. Rooney Mara and Nicole Richie shut that shit down though.
3. Kim Kardashian looked like an old grandma couch and needs to realize she’s not a cute pregnant girl, like at all. She needs to put her Lanvin flats on with some J Brand maternity jeans and just accept the fact she’s not skinny anymore and probably won’t be for awhile. Every time I see a photo of her, she looks more and more like a fool.
4. I am dying to try an Ayahuasca retreat or at least an experience once. If any of my readers have tried it, please please please write to me and share your experience.
5. I recently quit using a Retinol product to give my skin a break and now my pores are bigger than before. Apparently this happens after you stop using because you’re skin is looking for the extra collagen it was getting with the Retinol, well now I say fuck you to retinoids that are very concentrated with rx strength because my pores and wrinkles have never looked so deep and big.
For the last couple months I’ve been going to Bliss and getting a facial by the best aesthetician ever, Audrey. She’s seriously great and makes me look very forward to my waxing and facial every 4 weeks because she’s so much fun and down to earth, we get so caught up chatting away and gossiping for the 2 hrs it feels like I just walked in 5 min ago. If you’re in the Miami area, run don’t walk to her, I promise you’ll love her as much as I do. Anyway, I’ve mentioned before I’ve been loyal to Bliss since 2004, that’s a long time, more so for their waxing but on occasion I got a facial thrown in. I remember my first facial with them in the Soho location, my skin used to break out a lot and I felt like I was always having breakouts on my chin which I at the time I had no clue was all hormonal. My aesthetician suggested I should get microdermabrasion and this cooling rubberizing mask to soothe and clear my skin after, I said sure go for it, this mask was life changing it felt so great. That one time led me to going almost every 2 weeks to get a facial done and have that mask added to my service, it would also be great for them to use as an add on after a brazilian for the cooling effect (just an idea Bliss). Fast forward to 2012, they released it to the public to use at home, calling it the No ‘Zit’ Sherlock Breakout-Busting Rubberizing Mask aka the gooey green rubber mask as I have always referred to it. I use this after the Triple Oxygen Mask, together your skin glows, minimizes & unclogs pores plus leaves your skin so smooth and soft. I highly recommend the two together, but even on its own it does wonders. Basically you get 6 packets of the powder, wooden tongue spatulas, and a measuring cup, you need to put the powder in a bowl (not a mixing cup as I read many people do, dumb) THEN add the water and mix, making sure when you put on your face you apply it in a thick coat especially around the edges so it peels off easily when dry and rubberized (about 20 minutes). On my last facial, Audrey had me close my eyes and put it over my entire face + eyes, which is sort of scary and weird at first because you can’t open your eyes for awhile but the way it feels is unreal, I wish I could do this at home. I’m also thinking having this at home is going to be a great way to spend the morning if you’re hungover due to how refreshing it is, it stays cool on your face for like an hour, so just laying with it in bed would be a real treat. I give this product an A+ in my beauty book, and hopefully you will too!
I find it crazy that it’s 2013 and people are still very hush hush about cosmetic surgery, which I don’t fully understand considering almost everyone I know has at least something done be it fillers, boobs or nose, really people get over it. I myself am a HUGE fan of Juviderm, it makes my lips pretty and smile lines go bye-bye, yet remaining totally natural with lasting results. Recently my friend Steven was looking to get a very conservative rhinoplasty (nose job) and he was guided by the Beauty Broker, to the likes of Dr. Robert Guida aka The Rhinoplasty Expert. Just as expected Dr.Guida worked his magic on Steven who totally loves his new nose. I’ve also had the pleasure of going to Dr.Guida’s Park Avenue office for some Juviderm filler, and he is so respectful and kind and really works with you and makes sure you are fully aware of everything he is doing and checking if you like it as he goes, great patient skills. When I was last in his office I got some great products from his newly launched line Guida, M.D. Cosmeceuticals and have totally fallen in love with his Green Tea Foaming Cleanser and the Retinol Serum 10X , I just can’t use the serum everyday I have to break it up every 2-3 days or mix it with moisturizer because my skin is somewhat sensitive to retinoids but after just a week of using it my skin is so much smoother with less breakouts. I hope for anyone reading this, if you want to have anything done or are thinking about it, don’t let people shame you or talk you out of something you want and don’t be embarrassed, I feel like that’s the main reason people back out or never take the next step also make sure to do your research and find a board certified physician, its very important!
So I’m totally crushing on the actor (previous model) Gabriel Mann, maybe you’ve seen him recently on Revenge (I featured his costar Ashley Madekwe here as a crush last summer), Mad Men or a load of other movies. I totally forgot how hot this man is because he doesn’t look that gorge on Revenge, until I saw him on WWHL last night. He’s like a hotter younger version of James Spader, I emphasize hotter and better. I’ve always had a mega crush on James Spader circa 80’s i.e. Tuff Turf, Pretty in Pink etc. but then he went and got bloated and fat, didn’t age well.The kicker about Gabriel is that he’s in his 40’s, yes you read correctly so clearly he has aged well. He looks as if he’s in his late 20’s/early 30’s and has a very sexy voice to boot. Out of nowhere, I’m really into tall, blonde, blue eyed Scandinavian looking men… So I give you this, does anyone else see the resemblance?